This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at YCP chapter.

Best parts about the Christmas holiday!

Since it’s that time of year again, I thought I’d share some of my favorite things about the holidays!

1. Christmas music

Yes, I am that girl who listens to Christmas music before Thanksgiving even comes around. I love all Christmas music, but my fave has to be Jingle Bell Rock…and the Mean Girl’s edition is always a good laugh!

2. Cookies

I mean who doesn’t love cookies right! Sugar cookies, gingerbread cookies, peppermint cookies, candy cane cookies, those delicious ones with the hershey kiss in the center–you name it, gotta love them all!

3. 25 Days of Christmas

Christmas movies are the best. ABC Family’s 25 days of Christmas plays the classic Christmas movies every year that you don’t want to miss! National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation, The Santa Clause, The Polar Express, and my favorite–Elf are a few popular movies they show every year.. Also, the 24 hour running of A Christmas Story on Christmas day is a tradition my family will probably never break!

4. Family time

I love spending time with my family on the holidays. Being away from them at college makes it that much more exciting to see them after a long time apart!

5. Christmas break

Almost a month off of school…life doesn’t get much better for a college student! It comes at a time in the semester where everyone is just so ready to be done and relax for a little while. All good things must come to an end though and the month always flies by!

Well there ya have it! And in case you haven’t noticed–I’m a total sucker for Christmas!

Junior Nursing Major at YCP