This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at YCP chapter.

If you’re a ‘90s kid, you understand the hype when a good Disney Channel throwback movie comes on TV. There are too many good throwbacks to talk about, so I decided to list a few of my faves.

1.The 13th Year (1999)

This classic throwback from 1999 is about a boy who discovers that his mother is a mermaid on his 13th birthday. He begins develop some scales himself which calls for a very interesting story.

2. Smart House (1999)

Another 1999 classic, Smart House, was one of my favorites as a kid (still kind of is). It’s about a family who wins a competition and moves into a house that is controlled by the voice of a woman named Pat. She starts off being a huge help, but eventually becomes a little controlling (as you may have noticed in the gif).

3. The Even Stevens Movie (2003)

I loved watching the show Even Stevens as a kid, and the movie definitely lives up to the show’s potential. The Stevens family wins a contest and gets to go to a beautiful island on vacation. Soon they begin to realize something isn’t quite right–and things begin to go wrong. An absolute must see!

4. Get a Clue (2002)

I recently rewatched this classic disney throwback with my friend and it was just as good (and a little cheesier) as I remembered! It’s about a girl, Lexi Jones, who sets her spy skills to good use and tries to solve the mystery of what happened to her missing teacher. I will say–there is nothing better in the whole movie than the classic over-the-top fashion of Lindsay Lohan.

5. Luck of the Irish (2001)

This classic film is about a high school basketball player who begins to notice changes in his appearance that startle him. He realizes he has a magic coin that keeps him and his family looking “human like”. Once that coin goes missing–he begins to get pointy ears and starts to shrink–he is turning into a leprechaun! He must battle the enemy in the end to get back his coin and save his family.

Well there ya have it! These are just 5 of the many classic must watch Disney Channel throwbacks–better get to it!

Junior Nursing Major at YCP