10 Things I Absolutely Hate

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at YCP chapter.

Everybody has their pet peeves, and I thought I would share some of mine. Maybe you can relate? Maybe not!

1. Saying “no offense”

“Umm… No offense but I think your artwork sucks.” WHAT IS THE PURPOSE? Obviously it’s going to offend me, so why say it? OR, people say it when it’s about something dumb too. “No offense, but I think your shoes are dirty.” PLEASE, tell me how that is going to offend me that my shoes are dirty, when it’s an obvious fact!

2. People who don’t smile or say hi back

I feel like nice people in the world are disappearing. I walked down the hallway, I smile at people and say hello every single time. Sometimes they don’t even look at you or  recognize you exist walking past them. Why? What’s so hard about being friendly and replying with a simple hi? I’m not hurting you or offending you, so why not be nice?

3. Posting on Instagram more than 15 times within 2 minutes

This isn’t twitter. I’d like to see other photos in my feed rather than your 15 selfies in the same pose but different facial expressions, and I’m sure others would too. 

4. People who wear heavy black sweatshirts on summer days

It makes my body physically hot. I don’t see how these people stand absorbing all of this heat. Are you like, immune to feeling warmness?

5. Friends that work in retail that say “What are you doing here?”

Ok, so my friend Anthony actually came up with this one. It actually makes sense. He has a friend that worked at Walmart. Every single time Anthony goes to Walmart his friend says, “What are you doing here?” He says, “I’m here to go bowling. What do you think I’m doing at Walmart? Shopping obviously.”

6. Stepping in water with socks on

Ooo, this is a big one. It’s a disappointment. I hate that feeling of a wet sock. Then you have to put new socks on again and it’s like a waste of a good pair of socks.

7. Screaming children in grocery stores

When toddlers start screaming and crying in stores, it’s usually because mom or dad said no to buying their favorite toy or food. It’s just, ughh. I don’t mind if it’s in an outdoor area, but when everybody in the whole store can hear it, that’s a little extensive. Some parents don’t even care that they’re screaming and don’t even bother to quiet their little screamer down. 

8. Accidentally biting your tongue while eating

It’s the equivalent to hell on earth when it happens. You’re enjoying your favorite food ever, when suddenly…. BAM. PAIN. Honestly it turns me off to wanting to eat the rest of the food.

9. Tangled headphones

When you just want to relax and listen to some tunes and every single time you pull em’ out, you have to wait an extra 5 minutes to listen to music and deal with the mental frustration!

10. People who try to talk to me while I have headphones on

Why? I AM LISTENING TO MUSIC ENJOYING MYSELF. It’s my only opportunity to drown out reality and you’re pulling me back in? You should be ashamed.

A Senior at York College of Pennsylvania, majoring in Political Science. I am a Gemini, I love the color green, reading and writing! I am so excited to be able to write for Her Campus. I hope to inspire and/or entertain all who read my articles!