What Would You Do with $250 Million?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Yale chapter.

Yale’s campus has been abuzz with talk of Charles Johnson’s (’54) recent 250 million dollar donation. As we know, the money will be directed toward constructing two new residential colleges; however, we asked Yalies around campus how they would best put the donation to use:

Grant Mueller
(Calhoun ’17)
Prospective major: Economics and Math
I’d love to see current projects around campus finished, and spend the remainder of the money on the new colleges.

Jenny Scherl
(Branford ’17)
Prospective major: Economics
I would put elevators in every entry way, open commons for dinner like it was in the past, bring Beyoncé to Spring Fling so the Super Bowl doesn’t interrupt her concert and offer free printing!

Andrew Sutphin
(Jonathan Edwards ’15)
Major: Molecular Biochemistry and Biophysics
I would build a new chemistry building for undergraduates. The current facility was built in 1923…

John Risbergs
(Trumbull ’17)
Prospective major: Economics
I would create an athletic endowment so that Yale can scout, financially aid, and admit the best athletes in the world.

Rachel Ett
(Calhoun ’14)
Major: Environmental Studies
I support the creation of two new residential colleges because I think that a Yale education is important to share with as many new students as possible. I would also want more generous financial aid packages for Yale’s current student body.

Matt Killian
(Davenport ’15)
Men’s Varsity Hockey
Major: Economics
I’d spread it out to all the different fields of study with a slight bias towards athletics with hope in promoting Yale’s image as dominant academically and athletically.