This Week’s Campus Cutie: Chris Camp

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Yale chapter.

This week Her Campus got the chance to sit down with Chris Camp, a Junior in JE college to hear about his experiences at Yale and beyond. 

Name: Chris Camp

Year: 2016

College: JE

Major: Economics and Mathematics

Hometown: New York, NY

What is your favorite thing about Yale?

I love how beautiful the campus is. Beinecke Plaza is my favorite spot on campus, and I think the Law School is incredible.

What are you involved in at Yale?

I’m in the Duke’s Men, I do some theater, I’m a tour guide, and I play intramural soccer and football.

What is your biggest accomplishment in your life so far? 

One time as I was leaving Toad’s, I found a skateboard on the sidewalk and sold it to a passerby for $20, making back mine and a friend’s admissions fees. That was a pretty big accomplishment.

If you were to take someone on a date where would you bring her?

I’d probably want to bring her to a Knicks game and then go ice skating and see the tree at Rockefeller Center.

Where can we find you on a Saturday night?

On the New Haven Green.

What is the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you?

About a year and a half ago, I went to a fitness class with my mom and sister called “Fit, Fierce, and Fabulous.” I was one of maybe 3 guys in the 50 person class. I left after 15 minutes because it was too hard for me and spent the rest of the time in the hot tub.

What’s your best Yale memory so far?

Probably getting tapped into the Duke’s Men freshman year. They all ran to my door chanting and singing, and then we went and tapped the other new freshmen. They’re kind of a crazy group of guys, so it was definitely a shock at first, but it was a really fun night. We ended at Yorkside, home of my favorite New Haven treat (a moose tracks milkshake), so that was an added bonus.

What is something interesting about yourself that other people may not know?

I’m very into bugs. I could watch (and have watched) National Geographic videos about bugs for hours.

Yale girls are best because…

They can have fun and joke around. I love girls with a sense of humor, and I’m always laughing around Yale girls.