This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Yale chapter.

How to do Valentine’s Day without your valentine:

1. Remind everyone you are #lovable with an instagram post 

2. Remind your loved one that you are thinking of them

3. Eat chocolate and cry because of the distance 

4. Call them and talk differently because its Cupid’s day 

5. Decide where you fall on the Valentine’s day debate. Read up on both sides of the argument. Make sure you aren’t just siding with your parents POV

6. Call them again and remind them how special you are 

7. Go to the PO box, anticipating a gift they sent you 

8. Convince yourself the PO box takes awhile sorting the mail. A delay.

9. Try on unflattering lingerie that makes you look older. Show a friend how good you would look. 

10. Get a flirty facetime in until you realize that your roommate and her boyfriend are sleeping over and you should probably take the couch.

Stella Gray is a sophomore in Pierson majoring in History. She is passionate about writing and has always loved teaching. In her free time, she loves exploring the outdoors, playing lacrosse, dancing, and singing way too loud. She loves writing for Her campus!
Emma Gray

Yale '21

My name is Emma Gray and I am the President and Campus Correspondent for Yale's Her Campus chapter. I am a Sophomore in Saybrook and I am planning on majoring in European History. I am passionate about universal health education and about criminal justice reform. In my free time I love going to the Yale Center for British Art and watching The Office. I am excited to start working with our new team!