NYFW 2015 – Important labels to watch

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Yale chapter.

The presentation of Spring/Summer 2016 fashion kicked off on Sept 10 in NYC, the beginning of a month full of runway shows by the most illustrious designers of our current decade. Here are the number one labels to keep an eye on during NYFW!

1 Alexander Wang

Alexander Wang knows how to do fashion, it’s common knowledge. However he quit his part-time employment at Balenciaga this summer to commit himself fully to his own brand. We are excited to see what new amazing robes his new collection has in store.

2 Lauren Conrad

Former MTV reality TV star Lauren Conrad has finally taken a great step in her career. With her successful lifestyle blog and now an own collection of pretty and polished fashion she stands at the peak of her achievements. Her collection will be shown at the Skylight Modern Venue, a well established place for uprising designers. Well done Lauren!

3 Rosie Assoulin

Although still quite unknown, she has already won a CFDA Swarovski award for her amazing designs and bloggers all around the world wear her creations. The young designer creates glamorous, dramatic pieces that are at the same time elegant and sophisticated. Definitely worth to keep an eye on her career!

4 Tanya Taylor

The designer from New York was just recently awarded one of the most prestigious distinctions in the fashion business: the US Woolmark Prize. Her specialty lies in elegant everyday dresses, knitwear and bold colors. Let’s see what she has planned for NYFW 15.