New Make-up Line Inspired by Star Wars

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Yale chapter.

In a few days the long wait is over, the new Star Wars movie will be released to theaters on 18th December.

Shortly after the Walt Disney Company took over George Lucas’s production company of George Lucas, and thus also all rights for Star Wars, it was announced that there would be a new Star Wars trilogy connected to the previous six films.

The plot of The Force Awakens is a closely guarded secret. Confirmed is only the fact that Episode VII takes place about 30 years after The Return of the Jedi, a necessary decision since the recurring Star Wars heroes Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill), Leia (Carrie Fisher), Han Solo (Harrison Ford), Chewbacca (Peter Mayhew), C3-PO (Anthony Daniels) and R2D2 (Kenny Baker) have aged accordingly in real life.

The rebels do not seem to have been able to enforce themselves decisively despite the victorious Battle of Endor, as they are still at war with a successor organization of the Galactic Empire called “First Order”. There are rumors that the plot evolves around the search for Luke Skywalker.

However, it is clear that the focus of The Force Awakens lies on a new trio of heroes is: Finn (John Boyega), Rey (Daisy Ridley) and Poe (Oscar Isaac), who face the evil antagonist Keylo Ren (Adam Driver). It is believed that some of the new characters might have family ties to the older figures.

Finn, a stormtrooper is supposed to be in great danger. The threat changes his life and one can assume that this change includes a switch to the side of good.

Daisy Ridley in describing her role reveals that Rey lives off looting old spaceships on the desert planet Jakku: she is completely independent, self-reliant and only cares about herself until she meets another character and the adventure begins.

The third new character is the rebel pilot Poe, who flies an iconic X-Wing starfighter and is the best pilot in the galaxy according to Oscar Isaac. He is flying on behalf of a certain princess when he meets Finn. They will apparently be accompanied by the rolling droid BB-8.

The antagonists of the film all seem to stem from the ranks of the “First Order”. Most striking is Kylo Ren (Adam Driver), who represents the traditional supporters of the dark side with a black cape, mask and red lightsaber. General Hux (Domhnall Gleeson), who commands his “First Order” basis, and the stormtrooper officer Phasma (“Game of Thrones” star Gwendoline Christie) seem to be his assistants in acting out his orders.

The names and some details are also known from two other figures. Gollum actor Andy Serkis plays Snoke, the supreme leader of a still unknown organization. Lupita Nyong’o is the galaxy pirate Maz Kanata, who is apparently housing smugglers and other scum in her castle.

It is unclear what role these characters are playing and which side they are on.

There is also no information so far on the parts Max von Sydow, Simon Pegg, Crystal Clarke and Christina Chong are playing in the movie.

Thus waiting for the movie release on 18th December remains very exciting.

The world premiere will take place a few days earlier in Los Angeles on 14th December.

In addition Max Factor and CoverGirl have officially partnered with Walt Disney and Lucasfilm to celebrate the release of the new Star Wars movie. Both have developed a limited makeup collection dedicated to this iconic movie series and inspired by the contrast between light and dark. The line includes three shades of nail polish, six new lipstick colors, and ten tubes of mascara each featuring a different quote from the Star Wars films, both from the first six films and The Force Awakens. Five of the mascaras are Light Side, meaning waterproof, and the others are Dark Side, with regular formulas.

CoverGirl Global Creative Design Director Pat McGrath created six different and dramatic looks using products from the collection with the intention to express the “constant war between light and dark, and good versus evil” in those campaign looks. The results are breathtaking. 

Check out the amazing products of Max Factor and CoverGirl below, they are truly stunning. So get your hands on them now!

6 Colorlicious Lipsticks, Light Side Shades: Gold #40, Lilac #20, Nude #70, Dark Side Shades: Dark Purple #50, Red #30, Silver #10 

Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Glosses in Speed of Light (cement-gray), Nemesis (black-plum cream), Red Revenge (cherry red)

10 Super Sizer by LashBlast Mascaras, all of them featuring quotes from the Star Wars films: 1/10: “May the force be with you.”
2/10: “Do. Or do not. There is no try.”
3/10: “You’re my only hope.”
4/10: “I feel the good in you.”
5/10: “Luminous beings are we.”
6/10: “I will finish what you started.”
7/10: “There has been an awakening.”
8/10: “Indeed you are powerful.”
9/10: “You will meet your destiny.”
10/10: “Immune to the light.”

Max Factor limited edition Star Wars set with a false lash effect mascara and two lipsticks in iconic colors