This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Yale chapter.

Think to the last time you had a question about money, but were unsure who to ask or were self-conscious that it was “dumb question” you should already know the answer to. Enter MoneyGirls, a female-founded company doing 3 things: 

1) create a community of go-getter young women who have the basics under their belts, but want more — more knowledge, more female-centric money convos, and more ways to set themselves up for success 

2) be the place where you can ask ALL your “dumb questions” without feeling dumb and ALWAYS get an answer

3) build tools personalized for young women’s lives that make growing smart money habits as delightful as your favorite beauty or fitness brand

MoneyGirls isn’t about preparing you for a Wall Street career. It focuses on women who’ll be leaders in ALL aspects of life & career, and giving them the personal financial confidence and tools for total influence and independence.  

Founder and CEO Judy Zhu launched MoneyGirls on top campuses in 2019. After years of leadership in the male-dominated tech space (from Amazon to Uber), Zhu saw a pattern in her workplace: otherwise capable women still shared “a common secret of lacking confidence in finance” — all the way from the corporate level to personal finances. She came to the conclusion that only by getting women conversational on money EARLY will we change the way they navigate their futures.

If you sign up for MoneyGirls (takes 10 seconds), what will you get? Just once a week, it brings to your Inbox a fun tipsheet (a less-than-10-minute read) called the Monday MoneyDrop, which breaks down topics ranging from the deal with credit cards to tax woes to investing 101 — only things you care about. Even if you never have questions, it’s the best way to see what like-minded women are trying to figure out. It’s a low commitment move during your college years to get ahead. 

Follow their IG page @gomoneygirls if you want to see more. Graduating this semester? Don’t worry! Similar to HerCampus’s mission to bring fearless women together, MoneyGirls expands their reach to women beyond just those in college — especially as they launch their spending habit app later this year.

MoneyGirls is building THE platform to help ambitious young women tackle their financial futures. Be a part of this future. 

Emma Gray

Yale '21

My name is Emma Gray and I am the President and Campus Correspondent for Yale's Her Campus chapter. I am a Sophomore in Saybrook and I am planning on majoring in European History. I am passionate about universal health education and about criminal justice reform. In my free time I love going to the Yale Center for British Art and watching The Office. I am excited to start working with our new team!