In Love With Norway – How To Glam Up Your Winter Vacation With Sweaters In Authentic Norwegian Design

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Yale chapter.

Straight in, collegiettes: News from Norway – coming from your rustic ski lodge, these northern lights have conquered the most glamorous runways of New York, Milan and Paris in an instant. This classic knitwear is making its much-celebrated appearance now also beyond ski slopes and lodges. On the contrary, you can find it as a must-have in any of the great designers’ winter collections. There is not a bit of its former eco-image left! Indeed, designers like Dolce&Gabbana or Missoni present the classic Fair Isle print in the most luxurious ways – as Allover Look or Oversize Cardigan Deluxe. This trend has become the probably most stylish alternative to winter coats – ultra-hip, super comfy and indescribably warm!

Here is how you can combine your new Norwegian with other pieces to achieve your favorite style:

If you are really into sportive city-chic, choose a Norwegian sweater with muted and gentle colors (after the motto: the less colorful, the more elegant). Combining it with one of the new, wide-leg men pants adds an extra portion of sophistication to your look. Here is a really good example: Fair Isle print sweater in cream by Gant, wide-leg wool blend pants in ivory by Cedric Charlier.

If you are up for a break in style, combine your sportive Norwegian with a glamorous skirt. I mean, why not? With this outfit, you could even show off your love for Fair Isle print at parties – with high heels of course! Here is my suggestion: Fair Isle sweater in navy by Polo Ralph Lauren and a sexy mini leather skirt by BLK DNM – Let’s rock this party!

And last but not least, the classic! Norwegian and jeans belong to one another since the beginning of time, literally. And it works: it looks great, is practical and comfy. What more could you ask for?

How about this wool and cashmere Fair Isle sweater by Adam Lippes and these distressed mid-rise skinny jeans by Frame Denim – this combination is a guarantee for an effortless, but sexy look!