Jamie Bogyo ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Yale chapter.

Year: 2015

College: Branford

Major: Humanities

Hometown: New York City, NY

This week’s Campus Cutie has been staying busy with rehearsals for his a capella group’s biggest concert of the year, The Duke’s Men Present AzkaJam (this year it’s Harry Potter themed!), but he took some time to talk to Her Campus. The current member of The Duke’s Men (and soon to be Whiffenpoof) told us all about his life at Yale, and what he does when he’s not singing. Read on to learn more about Jamie and try to catch one of his shows soon to experience his great voice for yourself!

Rapid Fire:

Best dance song: Timber

Favorite Song: anything Disney (or One Direction)

Facebook, Twitter or Instagram: Facebook

Favorite Food in New Haven: Burger at Caseus

Relationship status: Single (and ready to mingle!)

HC: Who is your celebrity crush?

I like Jennifer Lawrence a lot. But I also have recently gotten into Shailene Woodley.

HC: What organizations are you involved in on campus?

The Duke’s Men of Yale. And then I’m involved with theater, through the Dramat and Yale Drama Coalition.

HC: We hear next year is going to be a little different for you because you’re a new member of the Whiffenpoofs? Congratulations!

Thanks! I’m really excited. I don’t really know what the year is going to be like but I hope it’s going to be an adventure.

HC: What are you most looking forward to?

Traveling the world with my friends and having some amazing experiences. #yowo (you only whiff once”)

HC: Most memorable moment from Yale so far?

There are so many. Tap Night freshman year. I can’t really say any more…

HC: Favorite party you’ve been to at Yale?

So freshman year, there was a party billed as a Disney sing-a-long party which I thought could not be more perfect for me. And in the middle of “Tale as old as Time” everybody just started getting naked. I think I was the only freshman who didn’t run for the door. I actually got a compliment from a girl that night who called me ballsy and given the circumstances I thought that was the best compliment I could have received.

HC: Where can we find you on a Saturday night?

I don’t wanna say toads. But maybe toads.  Or a frat. But I’m just as likely to be hanging out with my friends somewhere random.

HC: Any embarrassing moments at Yale?

Have their been any moments at Yale that haven’t been embarrassing?

HC: How would your parents describe you?

Smart, kind, and loud. I got them fooled on at least one count.

HC: What’s something no one at Yale knows about you?

Well, lots of people know that I was fat as a kid. But I don’t know that people know when I was a kid I was really obsessed with being a paleontologist. I had like an 8-part dinosaur video series.

HC: What’s your best pick up line?

Oh… I don’t know! (*sung*) You don’t know you’re beautiful… and that what makes you beautiful. Any pick up line is better sung than spoken. (We agree, Jamie, we agree.)

HC: What’s the most romantic thing you’ve ever done for a girl?

For my girlfriend in high school, I took her on this sunset cruise around New York for one of our anniversaries; I think it was only six months or something. You take this sailboat and it goes all around the island and you bring a picnic. It was really awesome.

HC: First thing you notice in a girl?

Her smile. And then she has to be smart and have a good sense of humor. And she has to not take me too seriously. But maybe a little bit seriously. HC: If you could tell girls at Yale anything…

If any girl were to ask me to coffee, I will first thank my lucky stars and then say yes. Also, don’t pretend that you’re not quirky or different, I feel like a lot of girls (and guys too) try to fit into the image of what a popular or hot person should be.

HC: Yale Girls are the best because… brains and beauty