This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Yale chapter.

As we students get back on campus, readjust to nightly homework assignments and sleeping in twin beds, we can’t help but think back on the glorious bliss of the weekend before Thanksgiving, of the Harvard-Yale Game. For those who missed out on the amazing mingling of rival Ivy-leaguers, the weekend was, for lack of a better word, epic. While Yale did lose in football, that loss was but a minor blip; more importantly, Yale students had no class on Monday and therefore went into the weekend with no inhibitions.

Perhaps you’ve seen your friends at other schools, like University of Michigan or University of Maryland, showing off their tailgating pride on Facebook or Instagram; but, to be honest, their tailgates don’t compare to the Harvard-Yale tailgate. College tailgates are usually attended by, shocker, college students, who get decked out in their school’s bright colors and done its logo head to toe. The Harvard-Yale Game is different, however. The alumni almost outnumber the students, and are often even more rowdy and into the festivities. In addition, outfits are not just meant to show off school spirit; they’re meant to be chic and stylish.

How did Yale students achieve such a look? A very popular option was the Yale varsity sweater: a creamy knit pullover, easily found at the bookstore, with the simple and elegant “Y” stitched on the front. On the bottom, black leggings, with high black or brown boots, were a common choice. Other students took more of a preppy approach: a collared blue, button-down shirt underneath a Yale sweater, jeans, and short boots. To keep warm, game-goers donned all types of Yale outwear, including scarves, hats, gloves, and even earmuffs. However, my favorite touch of school spirit? The Yale fanny pack; so very practical and surprisingly cute in person.

Remember, it’s never too late to start planning your outfit for next year! With these looks in mind, you’re more than ready to have a fun and fashionable Harvard-Yale tailgate.