dan gold 6P 1ba qWDI unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
dan gold 6P 1ba qWDI unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

How to Date Someone Who Goes to Harvard

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Yale chapter.

Its that time of year again. The leaves have fallen, the misteltoe is sprouting, and “The Game” has left you dreaming about some crimson-wearing idiot attending a certain liberal arts school in the Greater Boston Area. After sharing 1.4 magical nights together, your hungover self wonders how to date/court/marry that same idiot. Well brush your teeth, dawg–I’m about to tell you.

1. Buy a car. I hope you’re prepared to spend many hours taking the road North to visit your lover. Invest in a nice vehicle to accompany you along the way. Make the seats leather. Get a big trunk so that you can impress them with large gifts. 

2. Learn to trust the enemy. Dating someone at Harvard won’t work if you don’t trust the person

3. Erase your memory of all things Harvard. Your Harvard lover will never stop trying to one up you. You know their school sucks, but it’ll be even more of a power move if you don’t know their school at all.

4. Get used to facetime, figure out your best angles

5. Learn latin. Nothing shows your intellectual superiority like speaking to your lover exclusively in latin.

6. Make sure your endgoals are in the same ballpark. Do they want to work in finance too? Great. If not, change your life goals so that they match your long-distance partner’s. 

7. Don’t – Why go to Harvard for a little under average sex when you could find it right here in the New Haven. Boola Boola, bitches.

Sophomore at Yale University. Philosophy Major. Lover.