“Hot Dudes Reading”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Yale chapter.

We always knew: intelligence is sexy. Evidence is a new Instagram account that has more than 418k followers to date. The sensation I am speaking of is “Hot Dudes Reading”, featuring handsome guys devouring books all over New York City. What is hotter than sexy men showing off their intellectual side?! One thing is sure: nothing can brighten up a girl’s morning more than spotting a hot dude reading a book in front of her. Reading is hot and what incites our fantasies more than seeing good looks lost in good books? Look at those pictures and you know what I am talking about. Here are a few examples from @hotdudesreading:

“Dapper Dude Alert! Damn. Whatever prose he’s reading cannot match the beauty of that full beard. He’s like the hot English professor of my dreams, only with way better hair. #voluntarydetention”

“Sigh. This Clark Kent look-alike seems to have just flown in from Krypton to spend some QT on the F Train with us mere mortals. I may have to pretend to faint so he’ll catch me but I’m going to let him finish the last few pages of 100 Years of Solitude first. #superman”

“Spotted this scruffy prince on his morning commute. Probably to sculpture class. I’m sure he’s reading a collection of post-war Russian short stories, but really thinking of how he made love to his French girlfriend this morning and the gluten free toast they shared after. #marryme”

“Look at this Casual Casanova. He doesn’t know it yet but that book is all about how personal interaction is essential to city life. If only he’d look up from those pages. I want that beanie on my bedroom floor. #TheDeathAndLifeOfGreatAmericanCities”