Five Best (And Most Unexpected) Finds at the Vermont Country Store

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Yale chapter.

I spent the weekend in Stratton, Vermont for my grandpa’s 90th birthday. On my last day, I found the crown gem of Stratton—Vermont Country Store. These were my top finds. The best part? They have a website.

1. Lanz of Salsburg Pajamas for flannel sleepwear in old and unique patterns that will make you feel like a living, breathing china cup, but in a chic way.

2. Mountain Weave Napkins. I know, it sounds boring, but you can buy 100% cotton, New England-woven and Vermont-fringed (yes, that is a verb) napkins for under $9.00. They’re good looking, practical, and come in any color your heart desires.

3. Splatterware plates, bowls, cups, etc. It’s reasonably priced, classically attractive, and incredibly durable.  I personally love the dark blue splatterware.

4. French Bee Mini Tumbler Glasses. For under $40.00 you get a set of four of these dishwasher safe drinking glasses made by the oldest glassmaker in France. They are simple, but sweet, embellished with bees.

5. Apple butter. I didn’t know it existed or that I ever would crave it, But, spread some apple butter on a cracker with cheese and you will be a better, happier person. It’s dangerously good.

Go to https://www.vermontcountrystore.com/. Trust me – you won’t be disappointed.

Clara is a Junior at Yale University majoring in history. She is from Washington D.C. In her free time, Clara does creative writing. She is also a lover of world, particularly African, literature and art projects (we're talking glue, glitter and whatever other materials are around).