Charles Orzetti ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Yale chapter.

Nickname: Zetti

College: TD

Year: 2016

Hometown: Ridgewood, NJ

Major: Economics

Single/Taken: Single

Favorite party theme: “I don’t get too excited for themes, but the best party I’ve ever been to was by brother Michael’s wedding this summer at the Naval Academy and a reception in DC.”

Favorite party song: “The boys have been playing Better Man (Pearl Jam) nonstop.”

Celebrity crush: Jennifer Anniston

Toads or Box: “Anna Liffey’s – me and Stu ‘Octane’ Wilson like to start our nights there.”

Favorite spot on campus: “New Campus aka TD and Silliman – it’s catching on.”

What’s your favorite memory at Yale so far?

“Winning the NCAA National Championships last year. That’s gonna be hard to top.”

What’s your most embarrassing moment at Yale?

“A couple weeks ago I blew out a candle and the flame came back up and kind of burned half my face.  I got a couple decent nicknames out of it though: Harvey Dent and The Fireman.”

Who’s your inspiration?

“My parents.”

Who’s your biggest fan?

“My sister – she’s studying abroad in Florence and she already downloaded the college hockey app so she can keep tabs on me.  Dedication.”

What’s your favorite class at Yale?

“I enjoyed IR because it was straight current events.  So, either that or a seminar I took last spring in Berkley called Buzz 101 taught by Professor Nick Weebs – he’s truly a genius in the field –and it was a writing credit.”

What do you miss most about New Jersey?

“Bacon egg and cheese on an everything bagel with ketchup.”

What’s the best part about TD?

“It’s on New Campus and I have a great group of friends away from the rink.”

What’s the best part about being on the hockey team?

“Being with 25 beauties every day.”

Who do you spend the most time with on the team?

“The Dynamic aka 2016: Beatter (@mattbeauttie13), Octane, Daddy, Coop from the North Pole, ‘Steak’ Witek, Obujanski, and my bus buddy, Rob ‘The Oxymoron’ O’Gara.”

What do you think of Jesse Root as your new captain?

“Apart from being the fun police, he’ll have the boys ready to go – he’s been awesome.”

What do you do outside of hockey?

“When big-name politicians come to talk I always try to go – Herman Cain was pretty funny.  Also, my roommates and I are on TD SAC Capital – kick some ideas around and eat buffalo chicken pizza every Monday night.”

What’s something most people don’t know about you?

“I’m a Kansas City Chiefs fan – 5-0 this year.”

Yale girls are the best because… “they’re all so easy-going and never cliquey – its really refreshing.”