Campus Celebrity: Leah Motzkin

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Yale chapter.

This week Her Campus got the chance to sit down with Leah Motzkin to discuss her time at Yale. 

Name: Leah Motzkin

College: Branford ’16

Major: American Studies

Hometown: Phoenix, Arizona

What are you most proud of here at Yale?

One of the things I am most proud of at Yale is my Angles on Art tour at the Yale University Art Gallery. Through the Gallery Guides program, I worked to craft this tour around the theme of Cultural Crossovers in Art. I am so proud to be able to show our unbelievable collection to visitors from around the world. Leading conversations around the pieces I have selected and researched never fails to be educational and eye opening for me.

What activities are you involved in at Yale?

Besides my involvement as a tour guide at the Yale University Art Gallery, I am the incoming Vice President of STAY (Students and Alumni of Yale) and a member of YCC’s Board of Advisors. I am also the WEEKEND Blog editor, a Branford Master’s Aide, and a proud Fence Club member. Additionally, I work in Laurie Santos’s Canine Cognition Center.

What is your most embarrassing moment?

It’s hard to choose one, but probably falling down a flight of stairs in WLH is one of my most memorable embarrassments. 

What did you learn from your experience running for YCC President?

I learned so much from the experience, but one of the wonderful takeaways is that our student body cares deeply about the issues that face our campus and is committed to making a difference. The support I got from such a wide variety of people was a truly moving experience. The dedication of my campaign team blew me away. I am so grateful for the help I received.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

Hopefully not taking finals!

What is your biggest regret?

We’re still too young for regrets!

What is your relationship status?

Sorry boys and girls, I’m taken.