Book Alert: “Me Before You” Is A Must-Read

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Yale chapter.

“Me Before You” is a heartbreaking romantic novel about two people who have nothing in common, but are drawn together in the effort to redirect the path of life. 26-year-old Louisa Clark takes on a job as a care-assistant to 35-year-old Will Traynor, who is bound to a wheelchair after a motorbike accident.

Will is angry, rude and desperate; he cannot accept to live the way he is. He has always lived an exciting, interesting life. Lou has never fully lived. Soon she discovers that the only way to get Will to take an interest in his own future is to make him interested in hers and she is determined to impress him.

Jojo Moyes’s way of exposing character flaws, setting scenes and giving life to the conversations of Will and Lou are unique and fascinating. This eye-watering novel is definitely one of the best romances that have been published over the last few years.

Final Warning: You will need tissues – lots of tissues.

In June 2016 the movie “Me Before You” based on Jojo Moyes’s novel will be released and “Game of Thrones” star Emilia Clarke and “Hunger Games” actor Sam Claflin have already started shooting scenes together as Lou and Will.  Thea Sharrock is directing. So get excited for the most moving love story of the year!