You Know You’re a Muskie When…

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

1. You swear you “lose” your Allcard at least once a day but you (usually) find it within seconds.

2. Still having Manresa cheers stuck in your head weeks into the school year.

3. You know that The Pit isn’t actually a hole in the ground… But we can see where it gets its name (we love it regardless).

4. It’s easy to spot freshmen on the weekends aimlessly walking around Norwood with their backpacks on (hmm, I wonder what’s in there)?

5. Xavier Basketball is the way, the truth, and the life (we’re allowed to say that because we’re Jesuits).

source

6. You don’t understand why the Caf closes so early or how you never have enough dining dollars to last a whole semester.

7. Dreading the walk up the stairs to West Campus (as if going to class isn’t punishment enough).

8. The Brawl is a day that will never be forgotten. While not our most shining moment, the UC/XU rivalry will forever live on because of it.

9. You get angry when people feel the need to remind you Xavier doesn’t have a football team but at least we’ve been undefeated since ’73.

10. You see the sun setting over campus at least once a week on your social media timelines.

11. You’d rather wait for both elevators than walk up the stairs in Fenwick.

12. You start sweating as soon as you walk in O’Connor even before you’ve started your workout.

13. Driving around R1 multiple times before giving up and settling for a spot up the hill in R2.

14. It’s the only place where a “Blue Blob” can be a mascot.

source

15. Pig Roast is the best party day of the year.

16. Adding “and Butler still sucks” whenever anyone says what time it is.

17. Pretending to be hard at work in the CLC but actually just procrastinating.

18. Wondering why we still park in non-student lots if we end up with a ticket every. single. time.

19. You know you’ve made it once Father B calls you a saint.

20. We take Pong Madness as serious as the Crosstown (well, almost).

21. A trip down the street to the local Kroger is never uneventful.

22. There’s a very good chance there is an X flag hanging in you’re room.

23. Dana Garden’s is the epitome of the Xavier Tradition.

24. Somewhere along the way, whether we like it or not, Norwood has become our home.

source

25. All for one and…

We’ll let you finish that.

Brittany is a senior accounting major from Saint Louis, Missouri and is a Campus Correspondent for Xavier University. When not organizing Her Campus Xavier, she can be found working with Tedx Xavier University or Xavier Women in Business. She  wishes she could spend all of her free time with puppies.