Why Your Pet is Actually Your BFF

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

The person you really want to see at the end of the day really isn’t a person – it’s your pet. No matter what kind of pet you have, you would rather be in their company because they are the best at listening to you and never judge if you decide that you actually do want to finish off the entire tub of ice cream. Pets really are your best friend, and there’s no reason not to give them some extra treats and cuddles to show them your love! 

You cannot wait to get home to see them at the end of the day.

After a long day of classes or work, you can’t wait to get home to see your pet. They instantly make you smile and make your day so much better than it was before you walked in the door.

They don’t mind staying in with you.

Your pet will be more than happy to sit next to you or on your lap and watch Netflix with you all night; they definitely won’t care that you are going to binge watch Grey’s Anatomy for the third time…

They love selfies.

It’s pretty hard to deny that you take pictures of your pet more than you probably should, but it’s okay! They don’t mind one bit. The more pictures the better. 

They have the best sense of humor.

They make you laugh with all of the funny things that they do, like chasing their tail, getting confused by the other animals on the TV, or the little silly things that they do on a daily basis.

You have Skype dates when you are on long trips away from home.

Whether you’re away at college or on a long trip from home, you probably miss your pet more than anyone else. So your parents are most likely used to you asking to Skype just so you can just talk to your dog. Facetime was made just for the purpose. 

They always comfort you when you don’t feel your best.

They are always there for you when you are sad and are the best at listening to you while you spill out you feelings about whatever is bothering you.

They don’t mind your quirkiness.

Most likely they will be silly right along with you!

They will always love you.

No matter what, your pet will always be happy to see you and will always love you!

Image sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8.
Mary Soukup is a Sophomore Engineering Physics Major at Xavier University from Aurora, Indiana. When she is not writing articles for Her Campus, she can be found studying or working at the Cincincinnati Zoo. 
Brittany is a senior accounting major from Saint Louis, Missouri and is a Campus Correspondent for Xavier University. When not organizing Her Campus Xavier, she can be found working with Tedx Xavier University or Xavier Women in Business. She  wishes she could spend all of her free time with puppies.