Why You Should Go On A Trip With Your Significant Other

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

Have you ever been in a long-term relationship? If so, then you’ve most likely gone on some kind of trip with your significant other whether it be a vacation or just a road trip. Since the trip, your relationship has probably grown both emotionally and spiritually. If you haven’t taken a trip with your significant other I highly recommend on doing so. Here’s why.

1. Your expenses are shared.

When traveling with your significant other your expenses are halved. Meals, activities, transportation, etc. are all shared which is super nice. Something to help would be setting a budget of how much you both want to spend altogether during the trip; even setting personal budgets for yourselves helps too.

2. You’ll never get bored.

Whether it’s hiking in the mountains, hanging out the beach, a long car ride, etc. it’ll be much more entertaining with your favorite person by your side. They will definitely entertain you in their own way.

3. Two heads are better than one.

Can’t figure out what to do on your trip? Two heads are better than one and you’ll both probably come up with some fun things to do, wherever you are. Everyone has their strengths and weakness and when you can’t think straight to make a decision, it’s always nice to have another around to help make that decision.

4. Your bond will strengthen.

A trip with your significant other will throw many challenges and obstacles towards you both. Whether you’re snorkeling in the ocean or hiking in the mountains, these experiences give you opportunities for relationship growth, plus are only shared between you two. Traveling can also help test the strength of the relationship. Travel bonding is so different than shopping bonding or movie watching bonding.

5. It’ll bring out your partner’s true character, and even your own.

Traveling with your significant other will help you learn about each other on a whole new level. Traveling takes you out of your comfort zone sometimes, and the way you or your partner reacts to different situations or what decisions you makes shows your true colors.

6. Improves intimacy.

While traveling with your partner, you don’t have to worry about bothering a roommate when you guys get down and dirty. And you’re not going to care about doing it in a hotel with others next door because you’ll never see them again. Couples who travel together tend to have better, happier, and more intimate sex lives than couples who don’t travel.

7. It’s romantic.

Nothing is more romantic than a getaway for two. A trip with someone you love and adore very much, is much better than a trip with your best buds.

8. Happiness is doubled when shared.

Whatever activity you’re doing, it’s always 100 times better with that special someone next to you. When I was on my trip with my significant other, it made me happy to see that they were happy and vice versa.

9. You’ll have great memories to share and look back on.

The memories you and your significant other make while traveling are only memories you two will share, which is a pretty special thing. You’ll be writing history together while creating awesome memories. When things get rocky, you’ll have these memories to turn back too. And in the future, if you two marry, you can show future children and grandchildren pictures of your trips together.

Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Leah Himes

Xavier '19

Leah Himes is a senior English major with psychology and writing minors. She is from Cincinnati, Ohio. When she is not working on HCXU stuff, she is hanging with friends, listening to music, working at Starbucks or eating mac n' cheese in her slippers on the couch.