Thoughts Every Sober Friend Has Had in GIFs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

Let’s face it: not everyone that you know is a drinker. But, of course, these non-drinkers want to hang out with their friends and go to some parties around campus. Well, have you ever wondered what your sober friends were thinking while they were babysitting the inxoticated crowd and being the designated driver that night? If this is you, perpetual sober friend, here are some of the problems you might encounter on your wild and crazy night out with your friends:

You hear yourself saying: “No, we are not going to White Castle or Waffle House. It is 4 am and I am tired of listening to you in this 7×7 foot car.”

If your friend would ever stop rambling on about the story they’ve repeated 4 times, you’d like to get a word in thank you very much…

Watching your best friend’s “dance moves” when her favorite song comes on:

Seeing a couple awkwardly making out in front of everyone:

Trying to cut off your friend that has had one too many:

Convincing them that what they’re about to do is not a good idea just never seems to sink in:

Staying in a corner all night drinking sweet tea waiting for the escape to drive home:

When you try to get your friends in the car:

By the end of the night you’re ready for this “fun” to be over:

Those who have been in these situations know the struggle is real. At the end of the night you still love your BFFs, but you’re worn out, ready for bed, annoyed, and thankful that you’re sober:

Gif sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Brittany is a senior accounting major from Saint Louis, Missouri and is a Campus Correspondent for Xavier University. When not organizing Her Campus Xavier, she can be found working with Tedx Xavier University or Xavier Women in Business. She  wishes she could spend all of her free time with puppies.