Thoughts From the Cintas Line

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

No doubt Wednesday night’s game against the Villanova Wildcats was legendary. Anyone who watched will definitely remember that night well past graduation. But if you were one of the lucky few who got a good seat – or a seat at all – then you most likely had to put in a lot of time in the LINE that started forming in front of Cintas at an ungodly time in the morning (or you hopped in with a friend, and no judging, but then you probably don’t know the struggle we’re talking about here.)
 For all you warriors, here are our thoughts from the Cintas line!

“Wait what do you mean people are already lining up for the game? I HAVE to get over there right now!”

“My professors will understand… right?”

“AH HURRY ACROSS CAMPUS MUST *breathe* GET *breathe* IN LINE.”

“Oh, okay this line isn’t so bad, I’ll just chill here and my friends and I will take shifts.”

“Just six and a half more hours until game time. I can do this!”

“OH MY GOD IT’S RAINING! I can’t do this.”

“I wish evil things upon the people in the cozy looking tents who came out here at 6:00 in the morning to get the first seats – YOU YOU YOU – YOU SUCK!”

“I have a big test tomorrow and I need to be studying… but I’m too wet.”

“I want to sit down but the ground is wet.”

“Wait, did someone actually bring their mattress?! That’s ridiculous. But not a bad idea…”

“I LOVE XAVIER BASKETBALL I WILL SURVIVE.”

“Okay 4 more hours until tip-off and two and a half more hours until they let us into the building, I am strong.”

“HOLY WIND.”

“This is game is about to be so worth this struggle!”

“Um, excuse me, I don’t remember this many people in line before me. I smell some cutters!”

“DONUTS AND PIZZA!!! Bless the X-Treme fans, this is exactly what I need.” 

“Final hour… but I’m so cold! Conceal, don’t feel, don’t let Villanova KNOW…”

“At this point I give up on how I look for the game.”

“Alright it’s 5:30 – let me in!!”

“It’s 5:48 let me in Cintas!!”

“So cold…but the door is so close!”

“For a bunch of ‘men and women for others’, we sure are savage about who’s getting into this building first.

“Ahh stop PUSHING!!”

“I’M IN! TELL MAMA I MADE IT.”

“Quick, get a seat get a seat! Oh snap, they are filling up fast!”

“This is literally a battlefield right now.”

“Phew, got my seat. At last! I made it!”

“IS THAT BILL MURRAY?! Well, we can’t loose with him on our side!”

“Let the game begin!”

Katie Kennedy is an occupational therapy major from Aurora, Illinois. She is the Marketing Chair for HCXU, runs the Twitter page, and occasionally dabbles in article-writing. When not ruling over her noble subjects of the marketing team, Katie is usually in the gym working out or in the caf nursing her waffle addiction. 
Danielle Curtis is a Junior at Xavier University and is HCXU's Campus Correspondent. She is majoring in English with minors in media studies and writing. She loves traveling, reading, and watching videos of failed marriage proposals.