Life > Experiences

A Thank You From Your Campus Correspondents

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

Dear Her Campus Xavier,

It has been an incredible four years. Not once my freshman year did I think we’d be in this position where we are now. It’s not an ideal situation to finish off the year at our own homes instead of being next to one another but I wanted to take the time to say thank you to everyone who has made my journey and so many others so special. 

If you would have told me as a freshman that I would’ve become the president and campus correspondent I would have laughed. Mainly because I had to be dragged to that first meeting. Now I wouldn’t change the experience for the world. I have met some of my best friends in this club, people I know I will be close with for the rest of my life and I owe that to Her Campus. I also owe my major to Her Campus because if I hadn’t joined the marketing team freshman year wanting to try something different, I’m not sure I would have decided to major in it. I will always remember my time here and I’m grateful to have been able to lead this club. 

Although I didn’t join Her Campus until my sophomore year, I think it might have been one of my best decisions. This club introduced me to passion for writing, helped me build up a portfolio, improve my abilities in writing and marketing, plus introduced me to some of my closest friends. I’m so glad I dragged Katherine along with me as well, because the joys of this club deserves to be shared. My time with Her Campus is some of my fondest memories of college. Hopefully, we’ve left a legacy for the future club members to continue.   

Thank you for everything,

Allie & Tasha

Allison Kane

Xavier '20

Allison Kane is a senior Marketing major and Spanish minor at Xavier University. When she's not working on the HerCampus Xavier Marketing Team, she spends her time, playing catch with her "unwilling" friends, eating Kit Kats and haning out with her fish.