Struggles of Having a Long Distance Relationship with Your Siblings

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

Long distance relationships are the worst in the first place, but when you’re hours away from your siblings, it sucks even more. Growing up, you take your relationship for granted because it seems as if you’re never going to leave each other, until the day it happens. Here are some of the struggles of having a long distance relationship with your siblings.

1. Having to rely on FaceTime or Skype to get to see them and having to deal with rocky internet connections.

2. The need to plan weeks ahead of time just to maybe get to spend a day together.

3. Not always knowing what’s going on in each other’s lives and missing out on big life events.

4. Not getting to hang out late at night on the weekends and have movie marathons.

5. When you’re back home for the weekend and your sibling isn’t there.

6. You spend as much time together over holidays and breaks so you can soak up all the time you can get together.

7. When they make you mad but still miss them.

8. Texting them 24/7 about anything and everything that is going on and not caring if you’re annoying them.

9. Wanting to defend your sibling but can’t because you’re 5 hours away.

10. Mutual understanding on missing your pets.

11. Using social media to stalk each other.

12. Time differences suck. Even when it’s only an hour, it’s still frustrating.

13. Counting down the days until you get to see each other again.

14. But when you’re finally all together again, it’s like you were never apart in the first place!

Picture Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14

Mary Soukup is a Sophomore Engineering Physics Major at Xavier University from Aurora, Indiana. When she is not writing articles for Her Campus, she can be found studying or working at the Cincincinnati Zoo.