lucas ludwig aRk7FZie1T4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
lucas ludwig aRk7FZie1T4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Struggles of Being a Short a Girl with a Tall Boyfriend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

Of course, most girls want a guy who is taller than her. But when there is a foot-or-more gap between you two, struggles are bound to surface. Here are the top struggles I have found by being a short girl with a tall boyfriend.

1. Dancing is literally the biggest pain in the neck. Looking straight up while slow dancing to a song never ends romantically. After about a minute into the song, your neck hurts so bad, you just can’t even.

2. While slow dancing, you normally reverse roles because it is a struggle to put your arms around his shoulders. Therefore, you put your arms around his waist and he has his arms over your shoulders.

3. You are used to staring at his chest whenever you hug or dance. What a nice view!

4. Phone backgrounds just don’t work out. You’re lucky if you have one picture where both of your heads fit into the picture without being covered by the time.

5. His sweatshirts and shirts are dresses on you. When you wear them with shorts, it looks like you aren’t wearing pants. But they do make great sleepwear!

6. Sweatpants are even worse! You have to roll them 20 times.

7. Spooning is a struggle. It takes about maybe 10 minutes just to get comfortable.

8. Your tall girl friends get mad at you for stealing tall guys.

9. Your boyfriend’s short guy friends get mad at him for stealing all of the short girls.

10. In photos, he lifts you up so your heads can be even.

11. In other photos, you stand on things so your heads can be even.

12. When you just can’t reach the top shelf, he’s there to help!

13. When he drives your car he has to move your seat two feet back just to get in the car.

14. You cannot kiss for long periods of time while standing up. Again, neck cramps. You like it when he picks you up instead.

15. People either say, “Wow, he’s so tall,” or, “Wow, you’re so short,” whenever they see you together. Height is all subjective.

16. Holding hands can be a struggle. You have to bend or raise your arm a little so your hands can match.

But through all these struggles, you wouldn’t have it any other way!

A quick shoutout to my man in Mississippi… Happy 3 years Mac! Thanks for being my best friend all this time. I love you to the moon and back. Can’t wait to see you again at Thanksgiving!

Love, Ang!

Angela Provenzano is an Occupational Therapy major at Xavier University. She loves sunsets, chocolate, puppies and other non-cliché things.