A Promise to Our Super Women Readers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

Dear all,

For those of you who don’t know me (which should be all of you because I’m a freshman!), I am a virgin writer for Xavier’s Her Campus chapter. In other words… this is kind of my first time… ya know, contributing to the website.

Obviously, this is very exciting. But, like any firsts, I’m a tish nerviosa.

I was originally going to try to answer what HCXU is in my first article, but I realized that if you’re here, you probably know what’s going on by now. Her Campus is a news and entertainment source for “collegiettes,” aka our fan-base of Super Women who attend Xavier and like to read articles. You all rock, and you clearly know the drill.

So, since I’m the one who’s new to Her Campus and you are the established Super Women, I’ve decided to fill the rest of my white space with my pledges to you, our lovely readers, as I continue to contribute this year.

• I promise to write honestly, in the best way I know how — from the heart.
  • I promise to try my best to entertain you with my endearing wit and magnificent word choice (at least I hope those are the words you’re thinking of right now).
  • I promise to be your witness on campus, to see our environment with open eyes so that I can translate our experiences to a story you want to read.
  • I promise to try my best to be the interpreter of the feelings you’ve always had but never been able to voice before.
  • I promise to share the richest experiences I have so I can provide the most quality material for our chapter.
  • I promise to write about our campus like it deserves to be written about – with an eye for change and new ideas, and another eye for the wonderful and positive things about Xavier.
  • I promise to write about our campus like you want to read about it – so that together, we can make our campus the very best chapter of Her Campus.

I look forward to the adventure we are about to begin. Thanks for reading my first article… here’s to many more!

HCXO, 

Katie 

Katie Kennedy is an occupational therapy major from Aurora, Illinois. She is the Marketing Chair for HCXU, runs the Twitter page, and occasionally dabbles in article-writing. When not ruling over her noble subjects of the marketing team, Katie is usually in the gym working out or in the caf nursing her waffle addiction. 
Brittany is a senior accounting major from Saint Louis, Missouri and is a Campus Correspondent for Xavier University. When not organizing Her Campus Xavier, she can be found working with Tedx Xavier University or Xavier Women in Business. She  wishes she could spend all of her free time with puppies.