Podcasts to Make You Laugh During This Anxiety Inducing Time

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

As some states start to open and others continue in quarantine, it’s certainly a stressful time for many of us. However, some of these podcasts might cheer you up and have you laughing your anxiety away.

Bananas

This podcast premiered last week and has already made me subscribe. “Kurt Braunohler and Scotty Landes discuss the strange, fascinating, and just plain bananas news from around the world.” These news stories are the most uplifting news you’ll hear all week!

The TryPod

I don’t know how you can’t know the Try Guys, but if you don’t this team of dudes have a YouTube channel, book, and now podcast. “The Try Guys have swam with sharks, survived in the wild, shocked themselves with birthing simulators, and risked their lives for their videos. In this weekly podcast they dissect their experiences as internet creators and best friends who have made a living failing upwards.” These dudes will have you rolling, no matter the topic.

In Bed with Nick And Megan

Is there any comedy couple as amazing as Nick Offerman and Megan Mullaley? I’m not sure if there is. “Megan Mullally and Nick Offerman take listeners directly into their bed… because that’s where every episode is recorded – their bed. Cozying up with their famous friends, your favorite couple provide a funny, revealing, and very candid look into their relationship and life at large.” And hell yeah, it’s good.

Armchair Expert with Dax Sheppard

Dax Sheppard has a direct line to my funny bone. In this podcast, Dax Shepard talks to anyone and everyone, exploring their stories. A direct line from his About page that had me chuckling, “What qualifies me for such an endeavor? More than a decade of sobriety, a degree in Anthropology and four years of improv training. I will attempt to discover human “truths” without any laboratory work, clinical trials or data collection. I will be, in the great tradition of 16th-century scientists, an Armchair Expert.”

My Favorite Murder

Many of us Her Campus girls LOVE MFM and I will never stop recommending it. My Favorite Murder is a true crime comedy podcast hosted by Karen Kilgariff and Georgia Hardstark. These ladies manage to make dark topics interesting and funny, while also bringing attention to serious issues and empowering their fanbase, Murderinos. Do yourself a favor and listen to an episode.

Tasha Young is a senior Marketing and Communications major from Dallas, Texas. She is the Marketing Manager and Co-Correspondent for Her Campus Xavier and the Vice President of Xavier's Women In Business. She's a giant comic book nerd who loves Mexican food, pokehunting with her dog, and playing video games with her boyfriend.
Allison Kane

Xavier '20

Allison Kane is a senior Marketing major and Spanish minor at Xavier University. When she's not working on the HerCampus Xavier Marketing Team, she spends her time, playing catch with her "unwilling" friends, eating Kit Kats and haning out with her fish.