This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

Who doesn’t love relaxing with a little Netflix? My Netflix list is always insanely long, but I’m working through it surely and I absolutely love recommendations! Here’s the next five on my watch list that might intrigue you:

1. Schitt’s Creek

This one was added because, well, I love Eugene Levy. His character in American Pie is essentially my favorite movie dad ever. When rich video-store magnate Johnny Rose (Euguene Levy) and his family suddenly find themselves broke, they are forced to leave their pampered lives to regroup in Schitt’s Creek.

2. Crazy Ex-Girlfriend

My brother recommended me this show, as he knows I love musicals. This show is spearheaded by Rachel Bloom, who’s known for her hilarious original musical videos on YouTube. (Seriously, check her out at RachelDoesStuff) A young woman abandons a choice job at a law firm and her life in New York in an attempt to find happiness in the unlikely locale of West Covina, California.  

3. Punisher (specifically season 2)

Well this is quite a change from the previous two lighthearted comedies. After Jon Bernthal’s amazing performance in the first season, I’m excited to see him return as the character in the newest (and last) season. (Darn you, Marvel for ending all these awesome series!) After the murder of his family, Marine veteran Frank Castle becomes the vigilante known as “The Punisher,” with only one goal in mind: to avenge them.

4. Good Place (specifically season 3)

After the serious drama that is The Punisher, I’m sure this show will be the perfect pick me up. It’s so forking funny! I’m so ready to jump back in with the hilarious cast, but not quite sure I’m ready to say goodbye when their upcoming season ends. Four people and their otherworldly frienemy struggle in the afterlife to define what it means to be good.

5. Conversations with a Killer

I know, I know, I’m so behind! Honestly, given my love of true crime, I’m shocked it’s taken me this long to get to it. After the amazing performance of Zac Efron in Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil, and Vile, (which I definitely recommend) this was automatically added to the list. I’ll get here eventually! A look inside the mind of serial killer Ted Bundy, featuring interviews with him on death row.

Who’s ready to crawl into bed and stream?

Tasha Young is a senior Marketing and Communications major from Dallas, Texas. She is the Marketing Manager and Co-Correspondent for Her Campus Xavier and the Vice President of Xavier's Women In Business. She's a giant comic book nerd who loves Mexican food, pokehunting with her dog, and playing video games with her boyfriend.
Allison Kane

Xavier '20

Allison Kane is a senior Marketing major and Spanish minor at Xavier University. When she's not working on the HerCampus Xavier Marketing Team, she spends her time, playing catch with her "unwilling" friends, eating Kit Kats and haning out with her fish.