Missed X in the City? Experience It All Here!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

92 lucky students were able to take on New York City to cheer on the Men’s Basketball team in the Big East Tournament in March. Being spring break, the students took off early Tuesday morning on Croswell buses as they headed towards the Big Apple. News crews from every station in Cincinnati lined the sidewalks outside of Cintas interviewing students as they loaded up the buses.

The first night, after almost 12 hours, the buses rolled into the city at about 6:30pm. Once off the bus, students practically ran towards Times Square to get their first taste of the city.

The next morning, half the students visited the United Nations while the other half headed towards Radio City Music Hall.

Afterwards, we all had the pleasure of visiting two different public city schools with Boys and Girls Clubs, helping students with homework, counseling, and, surprisingly, tips on Grand Theft Auto.

The following morning, the Rockefeller Center was filled with Xavier spirit and poster boards ready to take over America’s TV screens on the NBC’s Today Show.

And one lucky student, Libby Acker, got the makeover of a lifetime!

Jalen Reynolds reached out to those in need…

The following days were filled with trips to Madison Square Garden. Unfortunately, our trip had to come to an end after losing to Seton Hall by 4 points.

We all had the trip of a lifetime, and win or lose, we will always be proud Muskies!!! And, as for New York, we left traces of X all over that City.

Brittany is a senior accounting major from Saint Louis, Missouri and is a Campus Correspondent for Xavier University. When not organizing Her Campus Xavier, she can be found working with Tedx Xavier University or Xavier Women in Business. She  wishes she could spend all of her free time with puppies.