member monday, picture of student with border around them
Claire Comer
Life > Experiences

Member Monday- Allison Kane

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

Name: Allison Kane

Year: Senior

Hometown: Wyckoff, NJ 

Major/Minor: Marketing major with a Spanish minor

What’s your fun fact? 

The Jonas Brothers are from my hometown.

Role at HC Xavier? Why? 

I’m the President as well as Campus Correspondent. I do a lot of the behind the scenes organizational work that you don’t see. 

What’s your favorite part of HC Xavier?

Spending time with the people that I call my best friends.

Why did you choose Xavier?

Because it just felt like home when I walked onto the campus. 

What’re your career goals? 

To keep learning and improving myself wherever I go and with whatever I do.

Favorite place to go in Cincinnati? 

Probably Raising Canes. We don’t have it in New Jersey and it’s genuinely my favorite fast food place, so I’m going through withdrawals right now being in New Jersey.

Do you have any hobbies?

Yes, I love writing and reading. I’m a huge nerd for fantasy YA novels. I also love doing yoga. I’m not flexible at all, but I like the challenge of it and I’m on a lifelong quest to be able to touch my toes, so hopefully yoga will take me there. 

What’s your favorite class you’ve taken at Xavier?

Probably my Spanish 202 class. It was my 2nd semester Spanish class sophomore year. Professor Mantero, while very very hard, never gave up on me and kept encouraging me that I could be successful as a Spanish minor and I will always appreciate the way he helped and pushed me.

Top 3 favorite artists?

I’m really picky with the music I listen too and while I listen to a lot of individual songs, I don’t typically listen to artists but the two where I like almost all of their music are Taylor Swift and Green Day 

Favorite Movie?

Miracle. It’s such a heartwarming and feel good movie. Its a sports movie, but I promise you will like it even if you don’t like sports

Favorite Restaurants? 

In Cincinnati I love Raising Canes and Eli’s BBQ. Here in my hometown it’s a Mexican restaurant called 3 Chicas. 

What would you say to someone considering joining the HC team? 

It was the best decision I made at club day to talk to these awesome and wonderful ladies and it helped me learn about myself in ways that I would’ve never guessed. Also I have made my life long friends in this club.

Allison Kane

Xavier '20

Allison Kane is a senior Marketing major and Spanish minor at Xavier University. When she's not working on the HerCampus Xavier Marketing Team, she spends her time, playing catch with her "unwilling" friends, eating Kit Kats and haning out with her fish.