Life Lessons We Learned From Buddy the Elf

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

Besides Elf being one of the greatest Christmas movies of all time, we can learn a few things about life from Buddy.

There’s no such thing as smiling too much or too often – be happy:

Never be ashamed of being a kid at heart:

Sometimes you just have to indulge in food:

Sometimes we get caught up in our words, and that’s okay:

If you love someone, let them know:

There will be situations where we have no idea what’s going on, but we just roll with it:

Life often hits you with the unexpected:

But it’s a ride, so enjoy it:

Buddy is more than just a character in a Christmas movie – he really teaches us valuable life lessons. With the holidays approaching, let’s not forget Buddy’s famous quote: “The best way to spread Christmas cheer, is singing loud for all to hear.”

Gif sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.

Allison Wisyanski is a junior English major and Writing minor from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and is a featured writer for HCXU. Allison also writes for the Arts and Entertainment column for the Xavier Newswire. Her guilty pleasures are Nicholas Sparks novels, the color pink, and Nutella. She's a lover of travel and in her spare time, she enjoys to binge-watch JFK documentaries, shop, run, and soak up the sun.
Brittany is a senior accounting major from Saint Louis, Missouri and is a Campus Correspondent for Xavier University. When not organizing Her Campus Xavier, she can be found working with Tedx Xavier University or Xavier Women in Business. She  wishes she could spend all of her free time with puppies.