pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

A Letter to My Team as I Graduate

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

Dear HCXU,

I can’t believe it’s actually here.  In just a few short days, after we have finished our last giveaway, held our last meeting, and shared our last article, I will be walking (hopefully without tripping) across the stage to accept my diploma.  It feels like yesterday we had our first meeting of the year, and I am over the moon that you came back for the second and the third until seeing you all was one of the highlights of my week.  I am one of the luckiest people in the world to have spent the past year surrounded by every one of you brilliant, wonderful, and unique individuals. 

In the profound wisdom of Winnie the Pooh, “I didn’t realize we were making memories, I thought we were just having fun.”   I can’t think of a better way to sum up this past year.  From the simple things like those meetings where all we did was laugh to the bigger moments, like our photoshoot – it has been one heck of a ride. 

For a lot of you, this is just the beginning.  You have so much to soak up and enjoy before it is your turn to pass the torch.  So please enjoy it!  Make new memories with each other, especially ones that make you smile when you look back on them. Embrace the good and the not so awesome because all that matters in the end is that you did it together. So start group chats, spend the meeting looking up memes with your team, get creative planning those giveaways, and never hold back on writing what’s on your heart.  Each of you is what makes Her Campus special, and you should always be proud of what you have accomplished.

No words seem adequate for all I want to say to you.  So thank you, from the bottom of my heart.  Thank you for unconditionally supporting each other and consistently making me smile.  Thank you for the times crying from laughter and for the times of reaching our goals.  I am beyond grateful for each and every one of you, and I cannot wait to see what the future holds for you and the team. 

And so the adventure begins.

With love,

KT

Kathryn Morgan is a Senior Marketing and Public Relations student from Cleveland, Ohio and is the Campus Correspondent for Xavier University. When not working with Her Campus she spends her time with AMA@X, Xavier Women in Business and finding any puppy close by. She loves macaroons, traveling and bad dad jokes.