Two Friends With Water Bottles
Two Friends With Water Bottles
Her Campus Media

If You’re Still Buying Cases of Bottled Water You’re Cancelled

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

It’s Wasteful

It’s a waste of money. It’s a waste of plastic. Think of how much you can save by investing in a reusable bottle instead of continually buying cases of the exact same water that’s coming out of your faucet. 

It Contributes to Throw-Away Culture

Recycling all those plastic bottles isn’t enough to be sustainable. We need to start with reducing our plastic waste in the first place.

It Exposes You to Leaching Chemicals— For Real

Can’t we all agree that we don’t want unnecessary chemicals in our body because we insist on drinking out of cheap plastic?

It’s Totally Unnecessary and Unpleasant

Do any of us really like drinking out of disposable bottles? Release your hold on consumerism! Use a reusable vessel like a civilized human!

Margot Bond

Xavier '20

Margot is a senior Economics, Sustainability, and Society major with minors in Political Science and Gender and Diversity Studies from Louisville, Kentucky. In addition to writing articles for Her Campus, she is a Resident Assistant at Xavier and involved in student sustainability. She loves listening to John Mayer, watching Netflix, and doing crosswords with her boyfriend. Most importantly, she is 100% a cat person.
Tasha Young is a senior Marketing and Communications major from Dallas, Texas. She is the Marketing Manager and Co-Correspondent for Her Campus Xavier and the Vice President of Xavier's Women In Business. She's a giant comic book nerd who loves Mexican food, pokehunting with her dog, and playing video games with her boyfriend.