I’ve Got Good News and Good News

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

For those who are environmentally conscious, it can be hard to stay positive these days. Melting ice caps, increasing pollution, and record-breaking storms and wildfires all point to the increasing severity of climate change. Even though our scientific knowledge of human-environmental impact is greater than it’s ever been before, it still feels like not enough is being done to protect our planet. In a word, things are feeling pretty hopeless.

But don’t despair, Eco-friendly comrades! Even in times when it feels like nothing good is happening to change our course, there are countless leaders working their hardest to make sustainability a reality. There actually is good news to share with regards to climate change!

Where can you find this good news? It’s compiled for your viewing pleasure on a twitter page called Good Climate News. The activists at Good Climate News share articles and media everyday with tidbits of good news for the future of our environment.

They tweet about everything from solar panels and biofuels to tips for being more sustainable in your daily life. Good Climate News perpetuates some much-needed positivity and keeps you up to date on various ongoing sustainability conversations.

Check out their page and be a part of a movement of optimism!

Margot Bond

Xavier '20

Margot is a senior Economics, Sustainability, and Society major with minors in Political Science and Gender and Diversity Studies from Louisville, Kentucky. In addition to writing articles for Her Campus, she is a Resident Assistant at Xavier and involved in student sustainability. She loves listening to John Mayer, watching Netflix, and doing crosswords with her boyfriend. Most importantly, she is 100% a cat person.
Lauren is a senior Marketing major, with minors in Economics and Gender & Diversity Studies at Xavier University. She calls Nashville, Tennessee home, and is the Campus Correspondent and President of HCXU. When she is not writing, she is planning events on the Student Activities Council, building her resume with her brothers in Delta Sigma Pi, or making random Spotify playlists. She is a Diet Coke enthusiast, and wishes she could spend every day hiking or playing with her dog.