How We’re All Princesses at Heart in Honor of Princess Charlotte

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

A new royal baby has arrived, and we couldn’t be more ecstatic! Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana was born on May 2nd, 2015 to happy parents William and Kate and baby brother George. It seems like just yesterday we were pulling an all-nighter to watch the couple’s gorgeous nuptials.

The little princess will definitely lead a different life than us commoners. But, even though we weren’t born into royal life, we’ve got this whole princess thing down. You know, in case William and Kate are looking to adopt a college student or the British line were to need a fill-in for any reason.

For one, we learned all our lessons from the most fabulous queen around:

And we went through our magical transformation from middle school braces and jean skirts to the classy and sophisticated college woman you see now:

We’re beauty and we’re grace:

In fact, don’t even bother getting us a personal stylist, because we have that whole thing down too:

We’re strong independent women that know we’re in charge:

Who have that whole “love” thing figured out:

We can stand up for ourselves when we need to:

And can make friends with almost anyone:

And, most importantly, we have the princess wave down to a science:

Royals, maybe not, but we’re all princesses at heart.

Brittany is a senior accounting major from Saint Louis, Missouri and is a Campus Correspondent for Xavier University. When not organizing Her Campus Xavier, she can be found working with Tedx Xavier University or Xavier Women in Business. She  wishes she could spend all of her free time with puppies.