How to Be a Part of Her Campus Xavier

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

Even if you’ve read some of our articles, you still might be a little confused about Her Campus Xavier. What is it? How can you get involved? Lucky for you, this article is all about us. Keep reading to learn more about Xavier’s newest online magazine!

What is Her Campus?

HC is an online news and entertainment resource for college women (we like to call them collegiettes!). It is a national organization with over +250 contributing colleges (and Xavier is one of them!).

What is Her Campus Xavier?

It’s a section of HC just for us at Xavier! It’s student founded and run; we post every week in our six sections – feature, blog, campus cutie, campus celeb, snapshot, and events. You can find articles about beauty, fashion, lifestyle, school, professional development… pretty much anything you could think of!

How can I get involved?

As a new presence on campus, we’re excited to start building a team on Xavier’s campus. Whether you want to write about pressing issues or have a passion for fashion, we want you to bring your talents to our staff! HC Xavier is a great way to get involved on campus and make friends who have the same interests as you. If you’re interested in us, we’re interested in you!

We are especially looking for:

• Fun contributing writers

• Social media fanatics

• Organized financial gurus

• PR-savvy students

Want to learn more? 

Come hang out with us on Thursday, November 20th at Starbucks at 8 pm to chat about Her Campus and how to become more involved. You can also email HC Xavier’s Campus Correspondents juniors Danielle Curtis and Brittany Dillard at xavier@hercampus.com for more information.

Danielle Curtis is a Junior at Xavier University and is HCXU's Campus Correspondent. She is majoring in English with minors in media studies and writing. She loves traveling, reading, and watching videos of failed marriage proposals. 
Brittany is a senior accounting major from Saint Louis, Missouri and is a Campus Correspondent for Xavier University. When not organizing Her Campus Xavier, she can be found working with Tedx Xavier University or Xavier Women in Business. She  wishes she could spend all of her free time with puppies.