Here’s Some Inspiration for Your Gingerbread House

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

The Holidays are fast approaching, which means it’s finally winter crafting season! While you’re decking the halls with tinsel, garland, and lots of cheer, why not add a gingerbread house to your winter wonderland? Here’s some inspiration if a cozy gingerbread house is your cup of tea.

There are so many options for a beautiful gingerbread house. You can use a minimalist design, like this sweet creation…

Source

…or make a realistic gingerbread manor.  

Source

You can even surround your house with a cute gingerbread family…

Source

…or add some wonderful woodland creatures to your display.

Source

If you’re one of those people who put up your Christmas tree at the beginning of November, then make your gingerbread house as big as your love for the season!

Source

]If Halloween is your holiday of choice, then decorate your house with some adorably spooky skeletons.

Source

This masterpiece comes with beautiful designs and a winding path.

Source

You can personalize your creation with your favorite colors, like this cozy cabin.

Source

Go all out with the icing, and make your gingerbread house a real winter wonderland, like this fancy dwelling.

Source

Add some twinkly lights to make your cottage super dreamy…

Source

…and use some candy canes to spruce things up, like this darling roof.

Source

Feel free to get as intricate as you like…

Source

…and don’t be afraid to go big!

Source

Whatever you decide to do, be sure to make your gingerbread house uniquely yours.

Source

To get you started, here’s a simple gingerbread house recipe (including guidance on measurements). Happy Holidays, collegiettes!  

Margot Bond

Xavier '20

Margot is a senior Economics, Sustainability, and Society major with minors in Political Science and Gender and Diversity Studies from Louisville, Kentucky. In addition to writing articles for Her Campus, she is a Resident Assistant at Xavier and involved in student sustainability. She loves listening to John Mayer, watching Netflix, and doing crosswords with her boyfriend. Most importantly, she is 100% a cat person.