This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

1. Find your study spot!

Figure out where you work best. Maybe it’s in the library where there’s total silence, or maybe you can get just as much work done from your bed. Whatever works for you, make it happen.

2. Manage your time!

It’s all fun and games until you’re up at 2 AM the night before your final cramming your brain with info that you probably won’t remember come time for the exam. Make sure to get most of your studying done before it’s too late.

3. Take a break!

All studying and no play makes for a very stressful finals week. So take a break, spend time with your friends; after all, you won’t see them until after break!

4. Eat!

Remember to leave time to get your meals in during the day. We promise that studying on an empty stomach will get you nowhere. Pack a lunch or take a study break in the caf; anything will do as long as you’re fueled up to finish studying.

5. Get sleep!

As productive as it sounds pulling an all-nighter to cover all the material for your final…it really isn’t that smart. You will actually have more trouble remembering things than if you got a good night sleep. So do what you can, but don’t overdo it.

6. Be prepared!

Make sure you have everything you need before you set up camp for a study session.  Bring whatever you might need for your day (laptop, charger, books, pens, highlighters, snacks, headphones) to avoid having to stop your study time early to go back and get more supplies. 

7. Don’t stress!

Finals week may seem like the end of the world; trust us, we’ve been there. You will get through it. You will ace many more exams than you fail along the way, and one test will not change your life. Just remember that there are only eight finals weeks in your college career (if you’re lucky) so don’t wish them away!

Brittany is a senior accounting major from Saint Louis, Missouri and is a Campus Correspondent for Xavier University. When not organizing Her Campus Xavier, she can be found working with Tedx Xavier University or Xavier Women in Business. She  wishes she could spend all of her free time with puppies.