Fast and Free Ways to Stay Informed for Collegiettes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

You know that you need to keep up with the news, but newspapers are a hassle (and who has the $$ to pay for a subscription), searching random news online seems counterproductive, and how much news are you really getting from the news app on your phone?

This is an issue that a lot of college students face. You know that you should be more involved in the news world, especially now with a presidential election coming up, but how exactly are you supposed to do that?

HCXU has compiled a couple different ways in which you can find your top news stories for free and in the least amount of time!

Source

NEWS WORTHY

1.  The Skimm – Created by two young women who met in college on a study abroad trip in Rome (how cute is that?!), the Skimm is a M-F Email that breaks down everything you need to know that is happening in the world today. The Skimm is my personal favorite because they keep it witty and fun, while also learning about the latest breaking news.

2. The New York Times Morning/evening Briefing – NYT is so diverse. They have a newsletter from anything to morning and evening briefings, to science news, TV recommendations, European/Asian news, Wine club, and sports.

3. Need 2 Know – A quick (not too much in depth) daily email that covers 10 different categories of interest in topic.

FAITH/INSPIRATIONAL

1. Blessed is She – This daily Email talks about a chosen scripture for the day and takes about 5 min to read. It’s an amazing faith community and a great reflection to start your day. Also, follow their Instagram account for when you need a little Jesus and encouragement in your life.

2. My Daily Insights: Daily morning quotes to get you thinking and going for the rest of the day!

MISC.

1. Now I know – The most fun and random morning Email you will get. You’ll learn random facts, interesting tidbits, and trivia to impress all your friends.

2. The Newsette – Pop culture daily newsletter. Catch up on what all the celebrities are doing and what’s going in and out of style.

3. The Digg – The most random but the coolest stuff will be delivered to your inbox every morning. The website may seem a little ‘all over the place’, but it is an interesting read.

And now, collegiettes, you are informed af…

Source

Sara is a Sophomore Public Relations major with a double minor in Political Communications and Business at Xavier University. She is also involved with an acapella group, Acabellas, and the Center for Faith and Justice on campus. She loves all dogs, dark chocolate, and inspirational quotes.