burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Fall Trends You Need in Your Closet Right Now

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

It’s FINALLY fall, collegiettes! Between nights out on the town, back woods bonfires, and strolling around campus, we want you to look fabulous. Here is our list of essentials for your closet during this fall season. We know that your wallet is starting to look a little empty at this point in the semester, so HCXU found the best bargains so you can get these fall basics for much less.

The Blanket Scarf

It’s a blanket, it’s a scarf, it’s a… well the name says it all. These oversized scarfs can double as a scarf and poncho. With so many patterns to choose from, you’ll be loading up on these in no time. Amazon has many great deals on these scarfs, and many that are under Prime shipping. If you’re feeling a little extra monogram-y you can add the additional cost to get your initials put on at Marley Lilly (watch for FLASH SALES and free gift with purchase opportunities).

The Classic Cardigan

This cardy is the perfect for those in-between fall days where it’s not too hot not too cold. For chilly mornings that warm up by the time you’re out of class, check out Forever 21 for cardigans that are only $8.90! They come in numerous colors so you can grab one to match all your favorite outfits. Don’t forget, if you spend $21 shipping is free!

source

The Combat Boot

These boots are made for walking… all the way to class. K-mart has these fabulous combat boots for $34.99; they supply comfort and style, and you’ll still have money left over for Chipotle. Be sure to check out BOGO deals where they are buy-one-get-one for a dollar! Yes, that’s right, you can get a brown pair and black pair for around $35.00. Sign. Us. Up.

source

Boot-tights

We love sprucing up our dull black leggings and same ol’ same riding boots with boot-tights.  This fantastic accessory has a sock on the foot with a tight attached so you have the comfort of a sock without feeling like your legs are on fire all day.  With lace at the top, it is the perfect way to make your outfit country chic. (For extra country flair, try the boot-tights with cowgirl boots)  Even better they are available on clearance right now at the bookstore! 

source

Now what are you doing still sitting here?! Get online and snag these deals while you can! Be sure to check back here for more trends to keep you fashionable all year long.  Stay fabulous this fall collegiettes!

Brittany is a senior accounting major from Saint Louis, Missouri and is a Campus Correspondent for Xavier University. When not organizing Her Campus Xavier, she can be found working with Tedx Xavier University or Xavier Women in Business. She  wishes she could spend all of her free time with puppies.