Edible Information: Top 5 Sports Bars Near X

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

Need a place to pregame for the men’s home game? Look no further.

1. Dana Gardens

Address: 1832 Dana Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45207

Hours: Mon-Fri: 11am to 2:30am, Sat: 12pm to 2:30am, Sun: 7pm to 2:30am

Price: $

If you go to Xavier, you have heard of Dana’s. And, okay, it’s more of a dive bar than a sports bar but how could we write an article about our favorite watering holes near Xavier and not include our pride and joy? It’s a Xavier tradition; you have to go at least once before you graduate, but be warned that once you go once, you will want to keep going. Alumni of all ages still come to Dana Gardens for great food, a great beer selection, and a great atmosphere. Walk on over before the next game, you won’t be disappointed.

2. Meiner’s Cafe

Address: 4537 Vine St, Cincinnati, OH 45217

Hours: Daily 11am to 2am (Happy Hour 3pm to 7pm)

Price: $

Meiner’s is a great, affordable bar hidden down the street in the small town of St. Bernard. You can always expect great service from the bartenders and the cooks. Dennis, the main cook, will always be sure to get whatever you would like exactly the way you want it. We recommend trying one of his burgers with a side of St. Bernard fries (fries topped with delicious cheese, bacon, and green onions. He’ll even throw on a few jalapenos if you like it spicy!). Sit down, grab a drink, have some amazing food and enjoy the game!

3. The Pub in Rookwood

Address: 2692 Madison Rd. Cincinnati, OH 45209

Hours: Mon-Thurs: 11am to 12am, Fri-Sat: 11am to 1am, Sun: 11am to 11pm

Price: $$

The Pub is another awesome sports bar to visit when you just don’t have tickets for the game. It resembles a British pub with a great beer list and British inspired food (yes, you need to try the fish and chips). Expect there to be live music and, no matter where you sit, you will be able to catch a good view of the game on their TVs.

4. The Oak Tavern

Address: 3089 Madison Rd. Cincinnati, OH 45209

Hours: Mon-Sun: 11am to 2:30am

Price: $

4 words: BEST WINGS IN CINCINNATI. Who doesn’t get a little hungry while watching Xavier win? And what better to eat than smoked, tasty wings that come with a variety of sauces to choose from? If you’ve been going to Bdubs, you’ve been doing it wrong. This Tavern has a sports bar atmosphere where you have a variety of drink choices, food, and games playing to entertain yourself. We will be honest in saying the service may not always be top notch, however, the wings make it all worth it.

5. Gordo’s Pub and Grill  

Address: 4328 Montgomery Rd. Norwood, OH 45212

Hours: Mon-Thurs: 11:30am to 10pm, Fri: 11:30am to 10pm, Sat: 12:30pm to 11pm, Sun: 12:30pm to 10pm

Price: $$

Gordo’s is a love at first menu sight. There are so many burger options you may not be able to choose just one. Maybe you’ll eat there and then order one to take home! There is also an extensive beer selection… and we mean extensive.  The wine and liquor selections are also fairly plentiful. We also recommend trying the macaroni and cheese because you will not be disappointed. Gordo’s is always great place to drink beer and watch the game with your friends. 

Layla Helton is a senior Advertising/Media Studies major born and raised in Cincinnati, Ohio. When she is not writing for HCXU she can be found sitting on her couch working, studying or watching the Bengals game. She spends the majority of her free time with her "goon squad" of friends engaging in all sorts of shenanigans.
Brittany is a senior accounting major from Saint Louis, Missouri and is a Campus Correspondent for Xavier University. When not organizing Her Campus Xavier, she can be found working with Tedx Xavier University or Xavier Women in Business. She  wishes she could spend all of her free time with puppies.