Edible Information: Cultured Eats, Part 2

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

You didn’t think we were finished did you? We only went partially around the world; here are some more authentic foreign restaurants to visit in Cincinnati!

Irish: Molly Malones Irish Pub

Hours: M-F: 11am – 2:30pm Sat-Sun: 10am – 2:30pm

Address: 112 E 4th St. Covington, KY 41011

Price Range: $$

Hands down the best Irish cuisine in (or near) Cincinnati. If you are a futbol fan, this is the place to go! It will feel as if you are in Europe, watching the game with Premier League fans and having a pint. But make sure to get there early, this place fills up quickly! With a great selection of beer and food, Molly Malones hits the spot.

German: Kruegers Tavern

Hours: M-Sat: 11am – 12am Sun: 11am – 10pm

Address: 1211 Vine St. Cincinnati, OH 45202

Price Range: $$

Two words: BEER CHEESE. Beer cheese made from local Cincinnati brews will make your taste buds smile.

Italian: Sotto

Hours: M-Thurs/Sun: 5pm – 10pm Fri-Sat: 5pm – 11pm

Address: 118 E 6th St. Cincinnati, OH 45202

Price Range: $$$

Sotto is a great place to go with a group of friends when you feel like sharing. The portions are huge and the prices can be a bit high, so we suggest splitting the meal and then the bill! We also suggest that you make a reservation ahead of time since they’re always busy. The food is just too good to pass up.

Latin American: Mita’s

Hours: M-Sat: 5pm – 10pm Sun: Closed

Address: 501 Race St. Cincinnati, OH 45202

Price: $$$

The food is great and the atmosphere is incredible! We got goosebumps. If you’ve never had Latin American cuisine before, the servers will tell you everything you need to know. But here is a tip from HCXU – try the empanadas.

10. American BBQ: Eli’s Barbeque

Hours: Mon-Sun: 11am – 9pm

Address: 3313 Riverside Dr. Cincinnati, OH 45226

Price: $

We wanted to end our journey with authentic southern barbeque. Eli’s is a college student’s dream – BYOB outside patio with meals less than $10. You may literally weep tears of joy when eating the mac n’ cheese… you know we did.

Layla Helton is a senior Advertising/Media Studies major born and raised in Cincinnati, Ohio. When she is not writing for HCXU she can be found sitting on her couch working, studying or watching the Bengals game. She spends the majority of her free time with her "goon squad" of friends engaging in all sorts of shenanigans.
Brittany is a senior accounting major from Saint Louis, Missouri and is a Campus Correspondent for Xavier University. When not organizing Her Campus Xavier, she can be found working with Tedx Xavier University or Xavier Women in Business. She  wishes she could spend all of her free time with puppies.