This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

Using locally sourced ingredients, these restaurants help contribute to Cincinnati’s vibrant and growing sustainable food culture. Try out one of these unique spots for your next culinary adventure!

Sleepy Bee Cafe 

3098 Madison Road, Cincinnati

Celebrating the integral part that bees play in the balance of nature, this brunch spot uses local foods and a warm atmosphere to bring together social and environmental sustainability. Offering a menu with vegan and gluten-free options, as well as comprehensive allergen labeling.

Bauer Farm Kitchen 

435 Elm Street, Cincinnati

German and French cuisine with local produce and meats, featuring lots of gluten-free and vegan options. This restaurant celebrates Cincinnati’s rich immigrant heritage.

Rooted Juicery and Kitchen 

3010 Madison Rd, Cincinnati

Showcasing organic and local ingredients with human and environmental health at the forefront of their products. Also offering community spaces for gathering and teaching about sustainability.

Red Feather 

3200 Madison Road, Cincinnati

A farm-to-table restaurant serving contemporary American cuisine. It also offers a Chef’s table experience for patrons to learn more about the harvesting and preparation of the food.

Bouquet 

519 Main Street, Covington

Serving local meats, cheeses, and produce. A more meat-heavy menu selection, but most items can be substituted for tofu or a veggie burger.

Margot Bond

Xavier '20

Margot is a senior Economics, Sustainability, and Society major with minors in Political Science and Gender and Diversity Studies from Louisville, Kentucky. In addition to writing articles for Her Campus, she is a Resident Assistant at Xavier and involved in student sustainability. She loves listening to John Mayer, watching Netflix, and doing crosswords with her boyfriend. Most importantly, she is 100% a cat person.
Allison Kane

Xavier '20

Allison Kane is a senior Marketing major and Spanish minor at Xavier University. When she's not working on the HerCampus Xavier Marketing Team, she spends her time, playing catch with her "unwilling" friends, eating Kit Kats and haning out with her fish.