freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

Cincinnati Low Cost Date Ideas: Fall Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

Everyone is always saying Cincinnati is an up-and-coming city full of nightlife and fun. As a college student I agree with this. However, I like to live it up on a lower budget. If you want some low cost Cincinnati date night ideas, this is the list for you!

1. Washington Park Fall Fest – Oct. 27

This event is free and a great idea for a brunch and outing date. The website describes it as “a weekend of fall family fun! We’ve got a jam-packed entertainment lineup for all ages. There will also be local vendors selling craft & homemade items, baked goods & more!”

2. Starlight Drive-In – All Fall Long

Located about 30 minutes from downtown, Starlite Drive-In is the perfect twist on a movie date! For $8.45 per person, you can see two recently released movies from the comfort of your own car. Pro-tip: Fill your car with blankets, pillows, and snacks to snuggle and snack!

3. Oktober Fest Zinzinnati 2018 – Sep. 21-23

Join in on America’s biggest Oktoberfest celebration. The website says, “Oktoberfest Zinzinnati, presented by Sam Adams and Amazon, is the largest Oktoberfest celebration in the country. More than half-a-million herren und frauen will converge on second and third streets, between Elm and Walnut in downtown Zinzinnati to eat, sing, mingle, sport lederhosen, listen to polka music, try to speak German, and perform the Chicken Dance!” I’ve gone very year and there is always something fun and new, especially for a free event!

4. PNC Festival of Lights – Starting Nov. 17

Student tickets cost around $15 ,however, you can see what’s described as, “The Cincinnati Zoo will once again be transformed into a “Wild Wonderland” for the 36th annual PNC Festival of Lights! In addition to admiring the beauty of 3 million LED lights, visitors can watch a Madcap black-light puppet show, ride the BB&T Toyland Express, search for fairies in Fairyland, marvel at the spectacular Wild Lights show on Swan Lake, or snack at one of two S’mores-n-More stands.”

5. Sunflower Festival – Starting Oct. 6

Taks some magical pictures in the sunflowers! For $8 per person, this fun afternoon out has been described as, “So much fun for everyone! Hayrides, sunflower maze, corn maze, live music, food trucks, vendor booths, pumpkins, and of course, SUNFLOWERS! Cut your own sunflowers $1 per stem or 12 for $10.”

6) Look on Groupon – Varizig

Every time I’m looking for something to do, Groupon is my go-to! There is everything from restaurant certificates, concert tickets, and events all around Cincinnati. Prices of tickets vary per event but are cheaper than normal retail. Plus, if you sign up as a student you get and additional 25% off all local deals!

Get out and explore Cincinnati! Enjoy the night/day with the ones you love!

Mallory (Mal) Williams is a Junior Digital Media and Advertising major, Writing minor from Chino Hills, California. When she’s not writing articles, she’s a hummus enthusiast, proud owner of a record collection, and the biggest fan of the planet Saturn you'll ever meet.