Christmas Light Events that are Lit AF

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

For some, it may be too early to get into the Christmas season, but if you are… you should check out Coney Island’s Christmas Night of Lights.

This event features a 2-mile long car ride through Christmas displays and light shows consisting of over a million LED lights. It’s also an event to share not only with family, but with friends or a significant other.

From the comfort and warmth of your car, you can listen to traditional and rocking holiday music which is played on a specific radio station meant especially for the event. The lights sync to the music, so be awed by the glowing snowflakes, dancing candy canes, and marvelous tunnels of lights. Don’t be afraid to sing along to the sounds of the season!

According to the website, (http://coneyislandpark.com/event/christmas-light-show/), for this year, an extra half mile has been added on to the original 2 miles. Wow, more lights, more music, more singing!

– The event runs November 10, 2017 through January 1, 2018.

– The event begins nightly at dusk and runs through 10pm.

– Tickets are $6 per person (children 3 and under are free), and all ticket sales are day of, upon arrival

Also, here’s a general tip: Bring snacks, because on busy nights, lines may be long.

Other than Coney’s Christmas light event, the Cincinnati Zoo’s Festival of Lights event is back. While visiting the animals or riding the train, you get to walk through a winter wonderland park full of LED Christmas lights.

While the Cincinnati Zoo is around year-long, the Festival of Lights opens November 18, 2017 and goes to January 1, 2018. If you’re a member of the Cincinnati Zoo, Member Preview Night for the event is Friday, November 17, from 5pm-10pm.

– Open Sun-Thurs from 5pm-9pm.

– Open Fri & Sat from 5pm-10pm.

– Closed Thanksgiving (open during the day), Christmas Eve (open during the day) and Christmas day (closed all day).

– Tickets for adults are $17 online ($19 at gate), children/seniors are $12 online ($13 at gate).

– Parking is also $10 and is purchased at the zoo

Both of these events are in Cincinnati and are great to see with friends, family, etc.

Leah Himes

Xavier '19

Leah Himes is a senior English major with psychology and writing minors. She is from Cincinnati, Ohio. When she is not working on HCXU stuff, she is hanging with friends, listening to music, working at Starbucks or eating mac n' cheese in her slippers on the couch.