Check Out These Stunning Portraits of Golden Globe Winners and Presenters

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

The 74th annual Golden Globes, the biggest party in Hollywood, kicked off award season on Sunday, Jan. 8. Stars of TV, Movie, and Music graced the red carpet at the Beverly Hilton to accept awards from the Hollywood Foreign Press Association, while us mere mortals admired their fashion and poise from our couches. There were some big winners, Including La La Land who took home multiple awards including best picture, comedy or musical. The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story and The Crown also won many categories. It also was an exciting night for Meryl Streep, whose acceptance speech for the Cecil B. DeMille Award made headlines for calling out Donald Trump and brought the house down. And of course, Ryan Gosling’s acceptance speech for his Best Actor award reminded us of why we all wanted to marry him.

If you didn’t want the glamorous night to end, or if you want to catch up on all the winners, the Hollywood Foreign Press Association’s Instagram account is a must-see. The HFPA posted beautiful portraits of award winners and presenters. Here are some of HCXU’s favorites.

Let’s start off with Emma Stone, who won Best Actress in a Motion Picture Comedy or Musical.

Then presenters Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia gave us what is possibly the most beautiful picture ever taken.

But, Wait! There’s more! Meryl Streep is still the most wonderful person in the world, and we have photographic evidence to prove it.

Tracee Ellis Ross was all smiles after winning her first Golden Globe. She was the first black woman to win in her category since 1983!

And you’ve got to see this ADORABLE photo of Dev Patel and Sunny Pawar, who star together in Lion.

Please excuse us, we’re getting a little flustered looking at this portrait of Tom Hiddleston, who won the award for Best Actor in a Limited Television Series.

False alarm– turns out that THIS photo of Felicity Jones and Diego Luna is actually the most beautiful photograph to ever grace this earth. They gave us major Rogue One flashbacks when they posed together. BRB, just crying.

Lastly, let us leave you with the adorable Hugh Laurie, clutching his award for Best Supporting Actor in a Limited Television Series.

You can swoon over all their stunning photographs on the HFPA’s Instagram account, @goldenglobes

All photos taken from the Instagram account of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association and the Golden Globe Awards

Margot Bond

Xavier '20

Margot is a senior Economics, Sustainability, and Society major with minors in Political Science and Gender and Diversity Studies from Louisville, Kentucky. In addition to writing articles for Her Campus, she is a Resident Assistant at Xavier and involved in student sustainability. She loves listening to John Mayer, watching Netflix, and doing crosswords with her boyfriend. Most importantly, she is 100% a cat person.
Kathryn Morgan is a Senior Marketing and Public Relations student from Cleveland, Ohio and is the Campus Correspondent for Xavier University. When not working with Her Campus she spends her time with AMA@X, Xavier Women in Business and finding any puppy close by. She loves macaroons, traveling and bad dad jokes.