Campus Profile: Kathleen Buch

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

Name:  Kathleen Buch

Hometown: Wheeling, West Virginia

Majors/Minors: Philosophy, Politics, and the Public (PPP), Math, and Political Science Triple Major

Why did you choose to triple major?

That’s a really good question. When I came to Xavier, I wasn’t PPP. I wanted to do Political Science and Statistics, but there wasn’t a Statistics major available at Xavier, so I picked up math instead. And then Dr. Mariani thought I was a very good candidate for PPP, so I was put into that major as well. Thankfully, Xavier is so good at working with its students that I was able to keep all three majors.

What activities are you involved with at Xavier?

I am co-president of Mock Trial and treasurer of Pre-Law Society. I am also part of Math Club.  

What is your role on Mock Trial?

As co-president I am in charge of all of the connections our club has to the university and I also participate and compete on the team.

What did you do this summer?

I interned with Forbes-Tate Partners, a lobbying firm in Washington, DC.  

Do you plan on studying abroad?

I hope to spend this winter in Jerusalem and part of the summer in Parris and Brussels. Both are Xavier study abroad trips put on by the philosophy department.  

What’s one of your favorite memories from your time at Xavier?

Working club day and talking to new freshman!  

What’s your favorite Xavier event to attend?

Home basketball game or Boat Dance

What’s something that most people don’t know about you?

I worked at a zoo for six years!   

What are you most looking forward to this year?

I am looking forward to continuing my research and thesis projects and working with my professors on Xavier’s campus to do that.

Lauren is a senior Marketing major, with minors in Economics and Gender & Diversity Studies at Xavier University. She calls Nashville, Tennessee home, and is the Campus Correspondent and President of HCXU. When she is not writing, she is planning events on the Student Activities Council, building her resume with her brothers in Delta Sigma Pi, or making random Spotify playlists. She is a Diet Coke enthusiast, and wishes she could spend every day hiking or playing with her dog.