Campus Profile: Julia Rodriguez

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

Name: Julia Rodriguez

Hometown: Denver, Colorado

Majors/ Minors: Psychology major with minors in Gender and Diversity Studies and Spanish

What are you involved in at Xavier?

I’m an SRA in Brockman, a research assistant for Dr. N’s social psychology research team, and I just started doing Muskie Tigers and Xavier Student Sustainability.

If you could pick anywhere in the world, where would you live?

I’d live somewhere in Europe. I think it’s so exciting that you can live in one place but there are so many different different countries that you can travel to.

Describe your best experience at Xavier so far.

My best experience at Xavier has been being an RA. I feel like it gave my life so much meaning and I’ve really liked being there for my first-year students and seeing them grow. I’m a returner, so it’s really cool to see my residents become a part of the community and work alongside them.

What do you miss most about home when you’re at Xavier?

The thing I miss most about being home is the familiarity of being in a place that I grew up in. I also miss seeing the mountains on the horizon all the time and seeing my dog.

What are you most looking forward to in the future?

I’m just excited to be approaching the next chapter in my life. I’m excited for how I’ll apply what I’ve learn at Xavier to the real world. I feel like I’ve grown so much since I was a freshman and I’m looking forward to seeing where life will take me and how I will continue to grow.

Margot Bond

Xavier '20

Margot is a senior Economics, Sustainability, and Society major with minors in Political Science and Gender and Diversity Studies from Louisville, Kentucky. In addition to writing articles for Her Campus, she is a Resident Assistant at Xavier and involved in student sustainability. She loves listening to John Mayer, watching Netflix, and doing crosswords with her boyfriend. Most importantly, she is 100% a cat person.
Lauren is a senior Marketing major, with minors in Economics and Gender & Diversity Studies at Xavier University. She calls Nashville, Tennessee home, and is the Campus Correspondent and President of HCXU. When she is not writing, she is planning events on the Student Activities Council, building her resume with her brothers in Delta Sigma Pi, or making random Spotify playlists. She is a Diet Coke enthusiast, and wishes she could spend every day hiking or playing with her dog.