This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

Hometown: Carmel, Indiana

Majors/Minors: Early Childhood Education with a 4/5 Extension

Year: Sophomore

What are you involved in at Xavier?

RA in Brockman, CCO (Coalition for Christian Outreach), Hall Council Leader, Intramural Sand Volleyball

Favorite thing to do at Xavier?

My favorite thing to do at Xavier is meet new people and getting to know them and how they want to make a difference. I think that is something so awesome about Xavier. The people at Xavier want to help others and help make the world the best it can be.

Something most people don’t know about you?

My dad works for an IndyCar team, making my childhood very unique in that I traveled a lot more than most people, but also, I did not see my dad very often growing up because he traveled so often.

Best experience you’ve had at Xavier?

The best experience I have had is becoming RA. It brings a very unique perspective to life at Xavier and specifically in a freshman dorm. The transition and experiences of first-year students as they explore and get to know Xavier as home, is fun to see.

If you could rename yourself, what would you name yourself?

I would not change my name. Even though I have such a hard name now, my name is too unique for me to want to change it.

Do you have a quote or saying you live by?

“Let all that be done be done in love.”- 1stCorinthians 16:14

What’s your favorite TV show?

New Girl

What’s your favorite movie?

Harry Potter Series

What’s your favorite season?

Fall

Why’d you choose your major?

I love kids so much. They bring so much light, life, and laughter to the world. Children bring a unique perspective of the world and have so many questions about it. I love hearing the questions that children have and helping them learn more about the world.

What are your favorite songs from your teenage years that you still rock out to?

Year 3000 by Jonas Brother

You can only own a smartphone or a computer. Which one would you choose?

Smartphone

Maggie is a Sport Management major with minors in Business and Deaf Studies. She an avid netflix watcher so if you need any suggestions for a new series to watch, she's got you. Her end goal is to work for the US women's national soccer team or the Detroit Pistons!